More Jobs In Consulting and Management
Consulting and Management
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
Travel managers direct, administer, and monitor the travel policies, guidelines, and budgets for businesses and travel agencies. When working for travel agencies, they will assist customers with travel plans and itineraries. When working for corporations, they will make business travel arrangements for executives and employees.
• Maintaining positive relationships with vendors of direct travel, such as car rentals, hotels, and airlines.
• Negotiating preferred rates with vendors of direct travel.
• Planning travel accommodations, booking flights, hotels, car rentals, and coordinating activities.
• Managing and processing all travel-related documentation, including payments, itineraries, visas, medical, and legal forms.
• Assisting with any travel-related issues that may arise.
• Researching travel deals and evaluating prices and services.
• Arranging travel accommodations for business visitors.
• Creating, optimizing, and monitoring corporate travel policies.
• Preparing travel budget reports.
• Analyzing and preparing reports on travel spend.
KNOWLEDGE /EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
• A bachelor’s degree in tourism, travel or hospitality is required for corporate travel managers.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the travel industry.
• A minimum of 1 year supervisory experience may be preferred.
• Certification in travel or hospitality may be advantageous.
• Knowledge of travel management pro0cesses.
• The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with vendors of direct travel (existing relationships may be advantageous).
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Good communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• A basic understanding of Geography.
• Strong computer skills.