More Jobs In Workers and Technicians
Workers and Technicians
1. Generator Mechanic/Technician Job Description:
• Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
• Inspect machines, engines, alternator etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
• Test mechanical and electrical parts of generators after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
• Able to read catalogs and manual of generators and work as per manufacturers procedures.
• Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
• Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on all size of generators.
• Schedule preventive maintenance, and keep equipment service records.
• Determine what parts and tools are necessary to make repairs.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Keep logs for work and report on issues.
• Minimum experience 10 years work in generators repairing (preferable worked with Caterpillar generators).
• Preferable having driving license.
• To work with out supervision.
• Speaking, Reading and Writing English (Preferable if he holding degree)
2. Rig Mechanic Job Description:
o At least 8 years experience on land / offshore drilling Rigs. Of these years, minimum 5 years.
o Holding a degree / diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
o The individual has Safety, Communication & Supervisory skills.
o Experienced in the strip down and overhaul of Rig mast.
o Experienced in the strip down and overhaul of the following pumps: Single and multistage centrifugal, Diaphragm, piston, gear, screw and vane types, balanced/unbalanced type, cartridge type, back to back type and tandem type. Lapping of seal faces and Pressure testing of mechanical seals.
o Read and understand handling with Rig operation equipments manuals
o Fluent in English language.
o Have knowledge of preventive, routine and non-routine maintenance, repair of internal combustion engines, pumps, compressors and drilling related equipment of the Rig
o Maintain all nematic & hydraulic operated systems on Rig.
o Knowledge of full Engine overhauling of Rigs.
o Perform Technical investigation & Root Cause Analysis of Rig Equipments.
o Monitors the reliability of spare parts utilized
o Carry out his/her duties according to the Emergency Preparedness Action Plan when needed;
o Ensure good housekeeping in his/her working areas.
o Supervise the disassembly, loading, unloading and assembly of the power plant and drilling equipment during land rig transfer activities.
o Carries out routine maintenance on rotating equipment, carries out visual checks of seals for leaks, disassembles equipment, replaces parts as directed, cleans equipment, replaces packing and gaskets, repairs as appropriate, checks bearings and reassembles. Ensures correct alignment and tolerances, using precision measurement instruments, such as laser alignment equipment, DTI clock gauges, micrometers, gauges and Vernier’s.
If you have the above experience please send your CV.